HGTV’s 5 most popular colors for home decor
So, you’re thinking about changing up some of your interior decor. Maybe it’s time to rip down that flowery wallpaper in your Milwaukee dining room or replace the broken kitchen window blinds with some modern cafe curtains. One of the most important factors to take into consideration when decorating your home is the color scheme. This decision dictates the look and feel of the space and can also help you solidify some of your ideas and move forward with your upgrades.
HGTV, the popular home and garden cable television network, recently published an article announcing the most popular home decor colors. Perhaps these hues will get your creative juices flowing and give you some ideas for your space.
The most popular colors are:
5. Yellow – This bright sunshiny hue can be overwhelming if it’s not implemented carefully, but we’ve already provided some ideas for how to incorporate it into your living areas.
4. Pink – From soft and feminine to bright and spunky, different shades of pink can make areas of your home pop. Perhaps you can find a way to use this popular color in your daughter’s bedroom by surprising her with some custom bedding.
3. Grey – This is a cool, contemporary color that works in virtually any room. Grey is a great option for sofas or rugs, but you can also give it your own spin by hanging some custom curtains and drapes in silvery metallic shades – also very popular right now.
2. Green – Masculine or feminine depending on the variation of this color you use, green wallpaper, for example, can give your dining room a dramatic vibe.
1. Brown – A rich, traditional color, brown works well in a living room where you can display those beautiful mahogany chairs and leather couches.
At Bazaar Home Decorating, we specialize in custom bedding and curtains, and our friendly sales staff would be more than happy to help you brainstorm some more ideas for these popular colors.