Valentine's Day is only a couple of weeks away so there's no better time to give your home TLC than now. Have you ever dreamed of living in Paris? If you don't have the luxury of jet-setting to the city of lights, take a look at some of the ways you can achieve vintage romance in your Milwaukee home:
- Black and white photos: Black and white photos exude vintage class. Frame a couple of photos of your relatives and add them to your salon wall. These pictures will certainly make you smile on a cold February day!
- Candles: There's no better way to exude romance than with an array of sweet-smelling candles. Tea candles look especially chic when scattered across your living room. Try a DIY project by placing tea candles in a Mason jar.
- Innovative love seat: "A vintage twin bed can quickly be transformed into a comfy couch, perfect for snuggling and napping," writes Laura Gaskill of Houzz.com. "There's really not even any need to go out and purchase linens specifically made for a daybed — a simple white quilt or coverlet and a bunch of squashy pillows will do quite nicely."
- Sheer drapes: Light and airy shear drapes reflect romance. Drape these window coverings in your bedroom, living room or dining room for an especially romantic look.
- Vintage postcards: If you've dreamed of going to France, frame vintage postcards of Paris to keep this goal alive. Someday you just may find yourself eating a croissant near the Eiffel Tower!
To give your home extra love this February, be sure to stop by Bazaar Home Decorating Center for custom window coverings.