As you start the process of picking out window coverings for your space, do you find yourself leaning more towards roman shades or roller shades? Currently, there is a great debate regarding Romans VS Rollers and which one reigns supreme. We’ll explore both styles to determine which one wins the ongoing debate for your home.
The joy of roman shades is that they are easy to use. These fabric window coverings can effortlessly be pulled up or down. As they go up, the fabrics gather. When they are lowered, they add a nice softness to your space, allowing for ample privacy. Today’s roman shades have a variety of different fabrics, prints and patterns available. We will highlight the Vignette Modern Roman Shades, Solera Soft Fabric Roman Shades and the Design Studio Roman Shades.
Vignette Modern Roman Shades
- Fabric gathers in folds as it is raised, stacking at the top
- Overlapping fabrics cascade down as they cover the window
Solera Soft Fabric Roman Shades
- When raised, the fabric gathers up in a stack
- The sculpted fabrics stay in place when lowered
- Transitioning from gather to open, the shades always pop back into position
Design Studio Roman Shades
- As the shades rise up, the fabric gathers in folds
- For dimension, details can easily be added
- Special prints and patterns are available
- The fabric lies flat when lowered into place
Similarly, roller shades are just as popular as roman shades. Roller shades allow for full privacy when they are pulled down or full exposure of the window as they are raised. Today’s roller shades provide texture, finishes and patterns to any space. Therefore, they are another excellent option. We will highlight the Designer Roller Shades, Design Studio Roller Shades and the Designer Screen Shades.
Designer Roller Shades
- They easily roll up out of view
- There are different opacities that can vary from room darkening to light filtering
Design Studio Roller Shades
- Available in fabrics, from light filtering to room darkening
- Coverings roll up out of view
- Customizable with various prints, patterns & specialty fabrics
Designer Screen Shades
- Preserve the view when lowered in place
- Highlight the window when rolled up out of the way
- Five varying opacities come along with this style
Romans VS Rollers
As you have taken a moment to review the highlights and features of roman shades and roller shades, which one do you prefer? If you need more information before you decide, take a look at a side-by-side comparison of both styles to see if your opinion remains the same!
Don’t Forget Rolling Romans…
We cannot forget to mention rolling romans. Rolling romans are roman shades that can roll out of the way. These window coverings include details like boning. This gives them more dimension. Rolling romans are available in the Vignette collection, but offer similar features to roller shades.
The Final Decision
The final decision is made with your interior design style in mind! Both of these window coverings provide privacy and light control and effortlessly fit in any home with the various textures, prints and patterns available. If you are having trouble deciding, let us know! At Bazaar Home Decorating, we have everything you need to make your decision. Contact our team for a FREE consultation today!